Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Work

This is my last 3 weeks doing internship. Honestly, at first, I didn't like my job. I was scared because people there are so smart. Of course la, if not how to work in an actuarial firm. Furthermore, I am not familiar with what I was doing and I didn't really enjoy working. But, as time goes by, I got more and more interested in my work, and now, I am starting to feel the pressure from my work. Not bad pressure, but GOOD pressure. I am learning so much that at times, I think my brain cannot support all and going to burst.

My work is very flexible because it is a consultant firm. Today I might be doing this job and a few days later, I might be doing another job. I never complained because this is a very good chance to learn stuff that might be very useful for my future career. But, at times my job can be tough because what I am doing was not learnt in class but have to experience it outside the classroom. And thus, I have to constantly do research from net. If cannot, have to kacau my colleagues and ask them. Sometimes, I think they got fed up of me because I ask too many questions. But luckily, they never show it on their faces.

I can't wait for my internship to end, because this means that I don't have to wake up early and go to office. At the same time, I don't want my internship to end this fast, this signals that I have to go back to US and continue my new semester. You see, I am a very contradicting person. I don't want it, but I still hope for it.

No comments: