Monday, July 14, 2008

V is for Victory

Song of the Day - No Air by Chris Brown & Jordin Sparks(this song has been on my playlist for a long time, love it!)

Sunday is supposed to be my lovely and peaceful resting day. Sunday is supposed to be the 'homework' day. But, my lovely sister dragged me to watch Cheer 2008 with her. What to do? My mummy won't let my sis go if I don't go along. Haih.

So, reluctanty, I followed her. It was held in Stadium Putra, Bukit Jalil like last year. Ooh, I went last year too. We reached there around 1.30pm. Then we sat while waiting for the event to start at 2pm. While waiting, we saw groups and groups of supporters from different schools shouting their lungs out. It was so lively in the stadium.

Then the event started at 2pm. We saw 15 teams performing, including Dynamitez, Xavier, Titans and of course, the last team to perform on that day was Shirtliff from my former high school, SMK Seri Bintang Utara. They were all awesome. We really couldn't tell who's going to be the champion.

Then, about 4.30pm, the results were announced. When Shirtliff heard that they got Best Showmanship Award, everyone from the Shirtliff area were so quiet, because from what we knew, no team won got Best Showmanship emerged as the champion. We were disappointed. Then several more awards were presented. When it comes to Silkygirl Merit Award, Shirtliff were being announced as the winner, again. Seems like the hope of becoming champion was getting thinner and thinner. Finally, the moment we have been waiting for, the announcement of the Top 3. Second runner-up goes to Stunnerz All-Boys, first runner-up was Dynamitez from DJ. All of us became very very quiet because this means Shirtliff might have a chance. Then, Jien announced the winner of Cheer 2008 is SM Seri... All of us were like, "Oh no!" Suddenly, he shouted Shirtliff from SMK Seri Bintang Utara, all of us went crazy. You can hear everyone who supports Shirtliff screaming and jumping up and down. This has never happened in history before, where the champion bagged another 2 more titles. Shirtliff truly made it into the history!

That ends my Sunday. I went back with a headache and I did not finish my homework. But, it was worth it because I feel great that Shirtliff actually won and I can tell people that was my former high school team! Congratulations to Shirtliff!

No comments: